Feel free to ask questions. I'll do my best to answer.


Saturday, December 24, 2011

Product Review: K&M Tripod Microphone Stand with Telescopic Boom Arm

- Sound quality: N/A

- Reliability / Durability: Built very well, but I haven't used it long term. I don't have the most faith in telescopic boom arms in general. It certainly doesn't feel as strong as a one piece arm when fully extended and it only extends as far as a one piece arm.

- Would you buy this again if it were stolen?: At this point I may still go with another Tama stand, but I do really love this stand! It's sort of a toss up. I do like the machining on these better, but I am developing a preference for one piece booms. the K&M 210/2 would be on my short list to look at! Might be the best of all to me. 

- Features that stand out: Build quality, machining(best I've seen), fit and finish, and stability/boom stays in place very well.

- What I don't like: Not so sure I like the telescopic boom. It seems strong when tightened, but just doesn't give me the confidence that a one piece arm gives me. Reliability is of utmost concern to me.

- Similar products used: Several On Stage Stands, the Tama MS205, K&M 210/8.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great piece of kit for the right price. It’s a very good buy.

    ReplyDelete