Feel free to ask questions. I'll do my best to answer.


Saturday, December 17, 2011

Product Review: Focusrite Saffire 6 USB

- Sound quality: The preamps in this crush my previous device's. The headphone output is also very clean, but lacks the output to drive more difficult headphones. They'll get my Shure SRH840s as loud as I'll ever need. I am still impressed by the sound of this especially for the money! I can't imagine I'll ever NEED better.

- Reliability / Durability: This little guy is built solid and tough! The case is all metal and it's heavy. The jacks also feel solid and hold cables tight.  Pots all feel like hey are high quality as well.

- Would you buy this again if it were stolen?: I use a Mac and there is no other USB interface I know of that sounds this good for anywhere near this money let alone as intelligently implemented. I would definitely replace this if it were stolen.

- Features that stand out: Build quality, driver stability, and sound quality. I have never had trouble with this thing working.

- What I don't like:  Nothing for its intended purpose.

- Similar products used: EMU USB 0404

This box still has me enthusiastic about it a year later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment